Self-Service Permit Portal
The City is now using a paperless system for all permits. The web-based, Self-Service Permit Portal (SSPP) is available for all permit types.
Browse the information below to learn more. Detailed user guides are provided at the bottom of this page, containing instructions for how to use the SSPP. If you have questions please contact Assistant Planner Tom Kreinbring.
Access the SSPP by clicking the button below.
Please note Internet Explorer is an unsupported browser on the SSPP.
What are the benefits of a paperless permitting system?
- Quicker, more efficient plan review
- Approved permits and plans are available for download
- Easy access to permit status information for applicants and the public
- Improved inspection process, with results sent to you immediately
- No costly printing or hauling paper back and forth; upload your plans as pdfs
- Pay permit fees online with a credit card
- No appointments or waiting in line to submit an application
- Reduce the "paper footprint" and save energy and landfill usage
- Everything is available 24/7, wherever you are
For the best user experience, we recommend using Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari web browsers. Internet Explorer is unsupported and should not be used. If you experience difficulty with the SSPP, first try using a different browser.
Didn't receive the confirmation email to complete user registration.
Check your spam folder. If you are registering from a company email address it could be your email server permission settings are blocking the automatically generated email. Have your IT department check the settings for any blocked emails from a "noreply" email. If this doesn't work either, contact staff and we will send you a custom registration link. Click here for a more detailed troubleshooting guide on this issue.
Can't find the right application type.
Make sure you've selected the correct category. Select PERMITS for all building and construction activities, right-of-way permits, and utility connections. Select PLANS for all land use approvals, survey documents, and site plan approvals. You can search for application types in the search bar at the top. If you still can't find what you want, contact permitting staff to find out which application type you need.
Can't find the permit fees.
If you've just applied, the permit fees won't show up until your application has been reviewed by staff and an invoice is built. When that happens, you will receive an email notifying you of the invoice. You will need to log back in and the fees will be available on your Dashboard.
Fees are charged to the applicant by default. If you are a contractor applying on behalf of someone else who will be paying the fees, you need to note that in your application.
Can't download an attachment.
Attachments open up in a new window, so you need to allow pop-ups on the SSPP. The method to allow pop-ups depends on the web browser you are using.
- Chrome: Click the three vertical dot menu button in the top-right corner. Select Settings > Site settings > Pop-ups and redirects. Under Allow, click the Add button. Enter the url (https://snohomishwa-energovpub.tylerhost.net/apps/SelfService#/home) and click Add.
- Firefox: Click the menu icon in the top-right corner. Select Options > Privacy& Security > Permissions > Block pop-up windows. Click Exceptions and enter the url (https://snohomishwa-energovpub.tylerhost.net/apps/SelfService#/home) and click Allow. Save changes.
- Microsoft Edge: Click the ellipses icon in the top-right corner. Select Settings > Cookies and site permissions > Pop-ups and redirects > Allow > Add. Enter the url (https://snohomishwa-energovpub.tylerhost.net/apps/SelfService#/home) and click Add.
- Safari (Mac): Click Safari > Preferences > Websites > Pop-up windows. Select the website from the list and uncheck "Block pop-up windows". Note: when you are on the SSPP site, Safari displays an icon in the Smart Search field. Click the icon to display pop-up windows.