Special Event Permit

Events held on public property - such as City parks or roads - and events that have an impact on public safety or the use of public services must apply for a special event permit. The City of Snohomish requires an application to be submitted at least 60 days prior to the event.  

Fees for special events are as follows (SMC 5.10.020)

Special Event Permit Application Fee for businesses registered inside the City of Snohomish: $0

Special Event Permit Application Fee for businesses registered outside the City of Snohomish $100

The application(s) will help staff to determine if a permit is required.  Please answer these questions as accurately as possible.   If it is determined that the event has significant impacts on City residents, services, or if significant street closures are involved, a meeting with City staff will be arranged for further discussion of the event.  

Special Event Permit Application Form (includes Centennial Trail use)

Important - If you are applying to use the Centennial Trail you may also need a permit from Snohomish County. 

Special Event Application for Events at Snohomish Aquatic Center

Special Event Vendors: Business License

If you are a vendor at a special event you are required to complete a Special Event Vendor Business License application. The application must be submitted to the special event organizer you are working with and NOT to the City.  Download a PDF of the vendor application.

Banners at Avenue D

If you are a non-profit organization and are interested in reserving dates to install a banner at the Avenue D roundabout (north facing only) to promote your special event, please complete the the following application form.  Banners are reserved first come first serve for no more than 14 days prior to event date. The banners are supplied by the organization and must be 12’ x 4’ and have wind slits and grommets.  The temporary sign permit fee is $25. Please note: roundabout banners are installed Monday through Friday only.

Roundabout Banner Reservation Request

Once your reservation is approved  you will need to obtain a Banner Sign permit.  That is done using the Self-Service Permit Portal (SSPP).