NOTICE: PDS CLOSED
In coordination with Snohomish Health District rules, we are closed in order to slow the spread of COVID-19.
We are still accepting new applications for building permits and land use approvals, however our normal intake process has been impacted by the closure of City Hall.
To submit a new application for permit or development, please follow these steps:
- Download and fill out the appropriate application form. Give us a call if you’re not sure which form you need to fill out.
- Submit the completed application form via email.
- Staff will get back to you with instructions on how to proceed. Expect to arrange a time to bring your complete submittal and payment to a drop-box outside City Hall.
The City Hall Permit Center is your source for information on development within City limits. This is the location for finding and submitting applications and picking up permits for development, right of way uses, and new water and sewer connections. The Permit Center is a conduit to the other divisions of Planning and Development Services, Public Works and Engineering departments, and various City boards and commissions. Permitting staff is dedicated to providing prompt and courteous service.
Before you begin your project, check this City of Snohomish map to make sure the property you are interested in is located in Snohomish City limits.
Permit Forms and Applications
- Building and Construction Permits - including retaining walls, single family, design review
- Land Use Forms - including home occupation, accessory dwelling unit, and general land use
- Public Works Permits - including grading, sidewalk use, water and sewer service
- Sign Permit Forms - and related application materials and information
- All Forms & Permits
Business Licenses - including licenses, solicitors, mobile food vendors - are handled through our WA State Department of Licensing office. See our Doing Business. pages.
- How do I find out if my property is within Snohomish City limits?
- How close to the property line can I build?
- What is the purpose of a building permit?
- Do I need a building permit?
- How much will my building permit cost?
- Who do I contact with questions about the permit application process?
- What is required for permit submittal?
- Do I need to hire a professional to do the plans?
- Can I act as my own contractor?
- How do I request an inspection?
- When does my building permit expire?
- How long does it take to get a permit?
- What should I do with my permit?
- Do I need to get a permit for a fence?
View information about building inspections, including how to request an inspection, a list of inspection types, certificates of occupancy, and changes.
Review the fees that may apply to your project: land use, building, sewer and water, streets and sidewalks, etc.
Access forms needed to post a sign in the City of Snohomish.
Find out more about special event applications.