Community & Family Issues

If you are experiencing quality of life or crime problems in your neighborhood, the Snohomish Police Department wants to help.  In some cases we may not be able to take immediate action, but we can help you locate resources.

Domestic Violence 

The police department responds to and investigates domestic violence crimes. For family services and referrals, contact Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County or call:

24-hour crisis hotline:  425-25-ABUSE (425-252-2873)

Protection orders can prohibit an abuser from contacting you in any way.  Orders are issued by the County District Courts. Find out more about protection orders from Snohomish County Human Services.

Child Abuse and Neglect 

You can make child abuse reports directly to Child Protective Services.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has information about child safety and exploitation.

Registered Sex Offenders

Most victims of sexual abuse or sexual assault know their  perpetrator. Far fewer cases involve strangers unknown to the child or adult victim involved.

The Washington State Sex Offender Web Site allows you to search for registered sex offenders in your community.  You can also sign up for automatic Email alerts from the Sheriff's Office when a sex offender moves into your area.

Elder Abuse, Senior Assistance 

Adults who need assistance with abuse or neglect should contact Adult Protective Services , a section of the Department of Social and Health Services. The department also offers services for seniors. 

For people with dementia or other disorders who are at risk of wandering off and getting lost.  Project Care Tracker might help. The person is given a radio transmitter bracelet to wear. In the event they wander and are lost, Search and Rescue volunteers can quickly locate them with tracking equipment.