The City of Snohomish only accepts applications for currently open and advertised positions.
Vacancies are advertised locally and are posted here on the city's website. We do not accept unsolicited resumes or application packets for positions that are not currently listed.
Special Event Staff
Department: Public Works-Facilities (Reports to Economic Development Manager)
Salary Range: $20/hour
(Application can also be downloaded from the website)
Closes: Open until filled
Position Summary: This temporary/ part-time position works part-time performing duties in support of the Snohomish Carnegie. Under the supervision and direction of the Economic Development and Communications Manager this position prepares the Snohomish Carnegie for events such as weddings, trade shows, auctions, banquets & corporate events held at the City facility. This position is a limited duration and consists of working on an "as needed" basis with hours and shifts that may vary on any given day of the week and will vary in length, Monday through Sunday. The hours available are based on the hours the venue has been rented by a client. Must be able to work weekends.
The work includes, in part: opening the facility for clients, lifting and moving tables and chairs, overseeing event activities, assisting clients when needed, keeping the facility clean and organized, and cleaning up before and after events. The work is usually performed independently and must be carried out in a manner consistent with broad department and City goals and objectives, intermittent supervisory direction, timeline pressures and applicable City ordinances and procedures.
This is a broad classification with individual positions assigned to specific functional areas; duties and assignments may overlap depending on the operational needs of the department and staffing levels.
The positions may last for up to 5 months.
Examples of Job Duties:
- Represent the City of Snohomish with professionalism and superb customer service. Maintain clear and discrete presence at events, providing assistance as needed in areas of facility issues; directions needed; and point of contact for guests and vendors.
- Help lead indoor and/or outdoor special events such as weddings, trade shows, auctions, banquets & corporate functions held at the Snohomish Carnegie. Communicate with event planners, caterers, bartenders, DJ's and all other hired vendors for the event day of.
- Oversee event activities and provide on-site assistance during the event to clients, including supervisory monitoring of guest conduct. Assist clients as needed during their event with layout changes, facilities questions and use recommendations, etc.
- Open facility for clients and complete event equipment layout for the event, which routinely includes tables, chairs, garbage, sound system, AV equipment, signage, and barricades.
- Lift and move tables and chairs weighing up to 50 pounds as needed. Maintain program equipment in good working order. Inspect equipment for damage while setting it up and checking it against an inventory list.
- Ensure facility and grounds are kept neat, clean and litter free.
- Occasionally perform custodial and light maintenance duties, which most commonly includes light restroom cleaning & restocking, sweeping, mopping, garbage transport, emptying garbage inside and outside the facility, garbage transport, picking up litter in the parking lot, gazebo and courtyard areas, etc.
- Lead and monitor client event clean-up after each event ensuring that equipment is organized in proper locations and cleaning is completed thoroughly. Perform tear-down & clean-up of facility owned equipment and lock the facility.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to work weekends.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Must successfully pass pre-employment criminal background screening.
About the City of Snohomish
Recognized as one of the Top 10 Coolest Small Towns in America, the historic community of Snohomish is kind of like Mayberry, only with high-speed internet. As the oldest and best preserved city in Snohomish County, Snohomish is listed on both the Washington State and National Register of Historic Places. Today, you can stroll along riverfront trails or walk through historic tree-lined neighborhoods that still provide identical views seen by the First People of Snohomish (The Sdoh-doh-hohbsh) or the early pioneer settlers who expanded commerce on First Street. As a popular visitor destination, Snohomish’s First Street lures over 70,000 tourists each year. Year-round outdoor recreation is easily accessible to the high tech workers who make Snohomish home.
The City of Snohomish is an Equal Opportunity Employer
And values diversity at all levels of its workforce.
Police Officer Jobs
All the police officers are deputies hired and trained by the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office. For job openings, please visit Snohomish County Human Resources.
The City of Snohomish offers a comprehensive benefit package for regular full-time employees.
Regular part-time employees may be eligible for medical, dental and vision coverage on a pro-rated basis.
Temporary employees are not eligible for City paid benefits.
See our Employee Benefits page for full details.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Snohomish values a diverse workforce. It is the policy of the City to provide equal opportunity to all persons seeking or having access to its employment, services and activities, which is free from restriction based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or disability.