If you have an internet connection and an email address, you can pay your bill online. You are also able to sign up for e-bills (paperless billing) and receive an email notification when your bill is ready to view. It is fast, it is easy, and you no longer have to write a check each month, or find a stamp when it is time to send in your payment.
HOW IT WORKS
When you sign up for online bill payment, you will create a secure password that you use to access your personal account at https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/snohomishwa. Every month we will send you a reminder email to let you know when your bill is available. Then, just log in to view your bill. Select your payment type - credit card, debit card, or electronic funds transfer - enter the information, and you are done!
You can even select the auto pay option, and your bill will be paid automatically each month. Sign up today and see why so many people consider this the best way to pay their bills.
WHAT TO DO NEXT
- Go to https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/snohomishwa
- Click on the Login/Register button on the top right of the home screen. Click Register, then fill in the email, password, name and phone number fields, click Register again.
- Go to your email inbox, open the verification email, and click Activate Account. Then log in with the email and password you created in step 2
- Select Utility Bill Payments, click add to my services, and follow the prompts for linking your utility bill (include all zeros and dashes) to your account. You will need your last payment amount to complete this step. If you do not have this information, or have further questions, please contact the City of Snohomish Finance Department at 360-568-3115.
- Once your utility bill is connected with your account, you can do a one-time payment, or set up auto pay using a debit, credit or bank account.