Utility Billing

City Utility Providers

City of Snohomish residents have a number of different utility providers. The City provides your water, sewer and stormwater services.

Water Billing Information

The city bills every two months for water, sewer and stormwater. Your bill is based on water usage for the previous two months. Bills are due on the 20th of the month. Payments not received by the date specified on the bill will receive a $20 late fee.

We provide several payment options:

  • Online payment 
  • By mail: PO Box 1589,  Snohomish, WA 98291
  • By phone at 877-621-9831
  • In person via cash, check, debit card or credit card at City Hall, 116 Union Avenue, Snohomish, WA 98290
  • Through your bank

Utility accounts are the responsibility of the property owner. The owner remains responsible for payment even if you had tenants.

Late or Missed Payments

Water and sewer accounts with a past due balance after the date specified on the bill for termination will be scheduled for shut off. An additional fee of $50 will be added for involuntary shut-offs. 

Water service will be scheduled for immediate termination for all checks returned as NSF. An additional fee of $45 will be added to your bill for NSF checks. 

Disconnected Water Services 

For water services that have been disconnected, there is no charge to reconnect services during business hours. Call City Hall at 360-568-3115 before 3 p.m. Monday - Friday to request reconnection. For customers requesting an after hours reconnection will be charged $100. There is a $30 fee for customers requesting that their water service be disconnected. There is no charge for emergency shut off. Call City Hall at 360-568-3115 Monday - Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. for emergencies. After 4 p.m. on weekends and on holidays you can call 360-568-3115 and be directed to our emergency line. 

Discounted Water Rates

 You may request a rate discount for:

  • Low income seniors and disabled persons
  • Vacant property
  • Leaks that have been fixed 

See our Discounted Utility Rates page for more information.

Water Meter Information

Water is measured in hundreds of cubic feet (100 cubic feet = 748 gallons). The sewer consumption is based on the water consumption.

Meters are read every other month. City meter readers use a hand-held device to record the readings. They read meters through a manual read, touch read, or radio read. The device then imports the information into the city’s computers making the meter reading faster and more accurate.

The city is responsible for repairing water meters and all pipes that lead to our meters. Pipes from the water meter to a residence or business are the responsibility of the property owner.