The City Clerk’s Office performs a wide variety of services and administrative support to the Mayor, City Administrator and City Council, city departments and members of the public. The City Clerk is the official Public Records Officer of the City. Activities of this office include:
- Preparation of all legal notices pertaining to the City Council and open public meeting laws
- Preparation of Council Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Preservation and maintenance of official public records, including but not limited to Council/Board/Commission meeting minutes, ordinances, resolutions, agreements, contracts, deeds and titles, making official records and legislation accessible to the public
- Responsible for the City’s Records Management program; development and implementation of the City’s archive and records disposition program
- Coordination/monitoring of public records disclosure requests
- Maintain and update the Snohomish Municipal Code
- Conduct recruitment for the City’s Advisory Boards and Commissions
- Handle calls for bids
Other functions of this office include:
- Elections' liaison with Snohomish County Auditor's office.
- Washington State Public Disclosure Commission (PDC).
Claims against the City
The City Clerk is the designated agent to receive service of claims for damages
made under RCW 4.96.