6 p.m. first and third Tuesday of each month
Snohomish School District Resource Center
George Gilbertson Boardroom
1601 Avenue D
Snohomish, WA 98290
All meetings are open to the public.
The City Council Chambers are accessible to people with disabilities. If you need specialized accommodations, please provide 5 days advanced notice by contacting the City Clerk’s Office at 360-568-3115.
Public comments are welcome at all City Council meetings. Meetings begin with a public comment period where citizens can speak on any city-related topic. Citizens may also comment on Public Hearings, Action or Discussion items during the meeting. Comments should generally be limited to 3 minutes in length.
Public hearings offer particular opportunities for citizens to comment on important issues such as new ordinances, City budget, comprehensive plan amendments or adoption, and interlocal agreements.
Council Workshops, which precede council meetings, are for council information and discussion only. No citizen comments are accepted.
Mayor and Councilmembers
The Mayor and City Council is made up of the following elected community members:
- John Kartak, Mayor - Term Ends December 31, 2021
- Donna Ray, Position 1 - Term Ends December 31, 2023
- Judith Kuleta, Position 2 - Term Ends December 31, 2023
- Jason Sanders, Position 3 - Term Ends December 31, 2023
- Tom Merrill, Position 4 - Term Ends December 31, 2021
- Linda Redmon, Position 5 - Term Ends December 31, 2021
- Larry Countryman, Position 6 - Term Ends December 31, 2021
- Steve Dana, Position 7 - Term Ends December 31, 2021
Function of the Mayor and Council
The seven-member City Council is responsible for the legislative function of and the overall vision for the City. The Council adopts ordinances and resolutions, sets policies, approves contracts and budgets.
City Council members are elected to four-year terms and serve part-time and do not maintain office hours at City Hall.
The Mayor, John Kartak, was elected in November 2017 to implement Council policies and administer the day-to-day business of the City. The Mayor appoints individuals to boards and commissions.